Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Why me?

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player, while dying of AIDS, he got due to infected blood, he received during heart surgery in 1983.

One, among thousands of his fans sent a message to him, expressing his sentiments, "Why GOD has to select you for such a bad disease?"

Ashe replied to his fan..

"The world over 50 million children start playing tennis,

- 5 million learn to play tennis

- 5 lac learn professional tennis

- 50000 come to the circuit

- 5000 reach the Grand Slam,

- 50 reach Wimbledon

- 4 to semi-final

- 2 to final

When I was holding a cup I never asked God 'Why me?' And today in pain I should not be asking God, 'Why me?'

Happiness keeps you sweet, trial keeps you strong, sorrow keeps you human, failure keeps you humble, success keeps you glowing, but only God keeps you going.

0 comments: