Saturday, January 5, 2008

Idol & Stepping Stone

In a temple, when the priest had gone for lunch, the idol of the Lord and the stepping stone started conversing.

Stepping Stone: "What a good fate you have. We both were the same lump of rock for millions of years. The sculptor carved an idol out of you and every one is worshipping you. And look at me, I am a stepping stone and every one stands on me and stamps on. What kind of life is this?"

The Idol kept smiling and never bothered to answer this, now, routine murmur from the stepping stone. But the stepping stone will never stop his constant bickering.

The Idol finally replied: “But do you remember that when the sculptor set out to carve an idol, it was you he chose, first. You were so impatient. In one strike, you broke in to two . But when he tried on me, I grinned and bore all the hammers and chisel strikes with patience . Here I am the worshipful and happy idol and you are the Stepping Stone."

The difference between success and failure is patience and persistence.

0 comments: